Richard specializes in tax and business planning issues unique to lodging and restaurant clients.
With more than 25 years of experience working with federal and state income taxes, Richard has advised both individuals and closely held companies on a broad range of taxation, accounting, and business matters, including retirement planning and plan selection. He has authored several articles on the application of tax rules, ranging from the treatment of gift certificates in the State of Washington to deductions for energy efficient building improvements.
Prior to Peterson Sullivan, Richard spent 11 years with Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., a Seattle CPA firm, in the tax, accounting, and auditing departments. Richard’s advisory abilities span a wide variety of industries, due to his thorough knowledge of income tax planning and compliance, and tax law. He has assisted both hospitality and professional services clients with strategic tax and business planning, tax compliance, and tax preparation.
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Restaurant Association Advisory Network, Advisor
- Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, University of Washington
- Individual Tax Consulting & Compliance
- Tax Planning + Consulting