At Peterson Sullivan, we take pride in our work with the nonprofit community. We strive for the highest level of service by building strong personal relationships with our clients so that we can work as your trusted advisor… never your adversary.
We understand that as a leader in a nonprofit organization, your time is extremely valuable. We have designed our processes to work with you in an efficient and transparent matter. We fully coordinate our financial statement services along with tax services to prevent us from asking the same question twice. We tailor our services for each client to fit their needs as we know that each organization is unique and deserves specialized attention.
Peterson Sullivan works with over 350 nonprofits each year and our employees are actively involved with nonprofits across the Puget Sound through board service and volunteerism. With our depth of knowledge and experience, we understand many of the challenges nonprofits face daily and can work closely with you to offer recommendations, industry best practices, and ultimately, find solutions.
We serve nonprofits of all types:
- Churches/ Religious Organizations
- Low-income Housing
- Revolving Loan Funds
- Research and Life Science
- Social Service Agencies
Our nonprofit services deliver value beyond satisfying compliance requirements. They provide peace of mind to donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and the public that your organization is fiscally responsible, healthy and fulfilling its mission statement.
Peterson Sullivan provides multiple levels of financial statements services to fit your needs:
- Audits provide the highest level of assurance that your financial statements are free from material misstatements. Audits also include a detailed look at internal control processes that are essential to your organization’s financial reporting. We tailor our audit procedures to fit your organization. In doing so, we can focus our attention on the highest risk areas for your organization and spend less time on lower risk areas. We also can tailor our procedures to specific concerns that management or the Board of Directors might have to provide additional peace of mind.
- Reviews provide a lower level of assurance than an audit. Review procedures primarily include inquiry and analytical procedures. Reviews are perfect for smaller organizations and organizations that are not required to have an audit, but still want some degree of assurance that their financial statements are accurate.
- Compilations do not provide assurance over the accuracy of the financial statements. We prepare professional-looking financial statements based on your organization’s records.
- Agreed Upon Procedures allow us to customize testing over a specific area or project. We will work directly with your organization to determine what needs to be tested and the best way to perform the testing. Agreed upon procedures are often used for testing of compliance with leases or grants from donors or state and local agencies.