Peterson Sullivan is an established CPA leader among private schools in the Pacific Northwest. Our dedicated team of professionals serving schools not only love what they do and who they work with, but they are also industry specialists with a robust understanding of the aspects of accounting and finance for schools.
With years of experience serving schools, we understand the challenges that they face and are adept at identifying solutions and providing practical advice on navigating the business landscape. And, since we serve such a diverse spectrum of more than 40 schools, our services are scalable to meet a client’s specific needs. Whether you have an enrollment of 100 or 1,000, provide elementary or secondary education or both, or offer ancillary services outside of just the standard educational program, we customize the proper solution to meet their needs.
Our services deliver value beyond satisfying internal and external reporting requirements. They provide peace of mind to donors, supporters, the Board and Finance Committee, and the public that your school is fiscally healthy and fulfilling its mission statement. Services we provide to schools include:
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews & Compilations
- Preparation and Filing of Form 990
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)/Form 990-T Preparation and Filing
- Development & Review of Internal Controls
- State and Local Tax Issues (sales, use, property, B&O, etc.)
- Endowment Disclosures and Policies (including UMIFA & UMPIFA)
- Peer School Benchmarking Analysis
- 401(k) and 403(b) Plan Audits and Form 5500 Preparation
- Board consulting and education