We are pleased to be recruiting for Tax Seniors to join our team!
As a junior leader in the Tax Department, professionals are responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assignments, tasks, and project components. Leaders will maintain a high degree of technical competence while developing the ability to coach, supervise, motivate, and direct the work of less experienced staff members, (generally associates) in meeting client and personal development expectations.
In addition to compliance responsibilities, our leaders are also expected to:
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex income tax returns for a variety of entities.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvements and serves as a business adviser to clients.
- Establish and nurture ongoing strong and effective working relationships with peer client levels.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the firm's values and uses firm values to guide internal and external behaviors.
- Coach and advise team members, provide consistent recognition and constructive feedback, and lead by example by demonstrating high energy and enthusiasm.
- Participate in various firm initiatives and programs, including training, CPE, business development and marketing activities, and recruiting events.
- Identify area(s) to specialize and refines skills, knowledge and expertise.
Individuals at this level normally have two to five years of relevant public accounting experience and have passed the CPA exam. A Master’s Degree in Taxation is preferred, but not required. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience preparing C-Corporation and Partnership returns, as well as experience in the following service lines: Construction, Dealerships, Hospitality, and Real Estate.
Peterson Sullivan is a vibrant, rapidly-growing public accounting firm founded in Seattle 65 years ago. We provide comprehensive accounting, audit, tax, and consulting services to publicly traded companies, closely held businesses, nonprofits, auto dealerships, and high net worth individuals throughout the Pacific Northwest and internationally, and our 200 professionals draw on a deep pool of knowledge, skills, and experiences to provide sound advice and serve our clients’ needs. In addition to our commitment to clients, we are committed to each other and act as such according to our values, mission, and vision. At Peterson Sullivan we offer a flexible, team-oriented work environment, great company benefits, and a competitive compensation package. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our social media pages to learn more about what it's like to work at Peterson Sullivan!
Peterson Sullivan LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Peterson Sullivan LLP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Peterson Sullivan LLP expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Peterson Sullivan LLP’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.